Sunday, November 23, 2008

A clean well lighted place for weavers

Weavers need friends -- maybe more than other artisans. We work alone for the most part and what we do is fraught with problems. Often we have as many failures as we do successes. For several years, a group of weavers in my area have been meeting on a monthly basis to share our mutual joy and frustrations.

I've had this empty blog for years, having signed up so that I could post to other people's blogs. It occurred to me that it would be a good place for our weaving group online meeting place. Several of our members can't come to meetings because they live too far away or work for a living. So, this blog is dedicated (for now) to an online meeting place for show and tell and updates on what we are doing.

Stay tuned for the November Towel Exchange. I've got some pictures, but want to be able to show a sample from everyone's offerings before I post.

No comments: