Sunday, June 11, 2017

Empty Yarn Cones - The Great Recycling Dilemma

This blog post was originally published about 7 years ago and deals with a problem that most weavers encounter - what to do with empty yarn cones.  Sure, you can throw them away, but weavers are a thrifty lot and many are uncomfortable with that obvious solution.  The search has continued for a better recycling idea.

It turns out that Pinterest has dozens of pinned solutions from many crafters/artists and probably a lot of primary school teachers. 

(I had an ulterior motive for reposting this article.  Now I have a link to share when I'm handing out free cones.)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. One woman's trash is another woman's treasure. I can't find enough yarn cones for the artwork I do. Any way to hook me up with unwanted empty cones ? ( I promise to "upcycle" them!)
Katie Plese ( on Facebook)