Thursday, April 14, 2016

Mardi Draws a Winning Hand

Mardi is the next Not 2 Square to finish her Weaver's Poker Challenge.  Here's her description of how she approached the project. 

"My challenge cards were Stripes, Warp-faced, Analogous Colors, Yellow and Overshot.

I decided to make a scarf because it was a small enough project to try out some of my ideas on.  The one card I chose to delete was Overshot.

I used a stripe generator and then edited it for the values that I thought would work in the design.

In a way, I cheated because I changed the warp-face to warp-dominant.  I did not want to make a plain weave scarf because I am working on finding a fabric that drapes well. The structure I chose was a 3/1 point twill. 




The yarn is 10/2 mercerized cotton.  The sett is 30 epi. The weaving length was 72 inches with a finished length of 64 inches plus fringe.  The width in the reed was 8 inches with a finished width of 7 inches.



Actually, the project satisfied the parameters but the fabric was still stiff.  If I did this again, I would change the sett to 24."  

The scarf is very nice.  The yellow color turned out nicely.

No comments: